Jeremy Roll is the co-Founder of For Investors By Investors (FIBI), a non-profit organization that was launched in 2007 with the goal of facilitating networking and learning among real estate investors in a strict no sales pitch environment. FIBI is now the largest group of public real estate investor meetings in California with over 30,000 members.
What you will learn in this interview:
1. What is FIBI?
2. Definition of Passive Investing
3. Definition of Active Investing
4. What is a Syndication/Syndicator
5. What is an Operator the same as a Syndicator, Can they be different
6. What is a Principal?
7. How do you invest? Are you a Principal, Operator, etc.
8. What types of assets do you typically invest (e.g. apartments, mobile home parks, technology, etc.)
9. How are the splits typically?
10. Do you get a preferred return? If so, what’s the typical return
11. How long has it been since you have made an investment in real estate?
12. Do your operators typically do a Cash-Out Refinance or Sale?
13. Have you or your operators sold many assets?
14. If they sell, do you pay taxes on the gain?
15. How long is the hold typically?
16. How can someone find out more about Jeremy or FIBI.
More about Jeremy:
Jeremy Roll – Jeremy started investing in real estate and businesses in 2002 and left the corporate world in 2007 to become a full-time passive cash flow investor. He is currently an investor in more than 70 opportunities across more than $1 Billion worth of real estate and business assets. As Founder and President of Roll Investment Group, Jeremy manages a group of over 1,000 investors who seek passive/managed cash flowing investments in real estate and businesses. Jeremy has an MBA from The Wharton School, is a licensed California Real Estate Broker (for investing purposes only), and is an Advisor for Realty Mogul, the largest real estate crowdfunding website in the US. Jeremy welcomes e-mails (firstname.lastname@example.org) to network with or help other investors and to discuss real estate or business investments of any size.